cricket ad

Monday 12 December 2016

123w

An idiot once tweeted that I had spoken ill of the Tamilnadu fishermen. 5 years ago. I know how many people still believe that shit. Whenever I am reminded of it I wish he and the people who shared that tweet rot in hell. Or I wish they know hell on earth, each day. He never said he lied. He picked up that line from a satirical web play, and attached my name to it.


 That was busted thanks to a kind Srilankan Tamizh gentleman. He and his cronies instead believed I must be raped and cut to pieces so that I learn a lesson. Each time I tweeted about a concert he d tweet lets go and get her. The alleged 'fisherman' tweet was the final nail. I had to go the police. All his supporters came out of the woodwork. 


I wish those who believed know what it is like to be on the receiving end of an ugly rumour. I faced casteist wrath, random 'educated' doctors who dont know me at all saying I was taking 'revenge'. Stuff I ll never forget. I try. But I cant. I havent been able to let go and I realized I am no Angulimala that was blessed by Buddha to learn forgiveness.



 I remember every name. Every person. Every tweet. I'll forever carry that scar.
No one cares a damn about spreading a rumour. No one cares a damn about checking. No one. Everyone wants that 1 second of fame and a reply that goes 'OMG REALLY??!!??!?'.
Social Media is a tool that is supposed to make lives easier.


 Not worse for others.
The next time you share something harmless as UNESCO declared our Indian _______ (fill the blanks with anything about India) as the best in the world, or a piece of gossip about a filmstar you like or hate or something that can have serious repercussions on someone's life, just stop a second and see if you would like to be the subject you are sharing about.
Be responsible. Be kind.


 హైదరాబాద్‌: తమిళనాడు దివంగత ముఖ్యమంత్రి జయలలిత కుమార్తె ఈమేనంటూ గత కొన్నిరోజులుగా ఫేస్‌బుక్‌, వాట్సాప్‌లలో ఒక ఫొటో తెగ చక్కర్లు కొడుతోంది. ప్రస్తుతం విదేశాల్లో ఉంటున్న ఆమె త్వరలోనే తమిళనాడు వస్తారని, ముఖ్యమంత్రి పదవి చేపడతారని కూడా కథలల్లారు. ఫొటోలోని మహిళకు, జయలలితకు కాస్త పోలికలు ఉండటంతో ఈ వార్త నిజమేనా? అని కొందరికి అనుమానం కూడా కలిగింది. ఇది ఇప్పుడు తాజాగా జరిగిన విషయం కాదు. జయలలిత 2014లో జైలుకు వెళ్లినప్పటి నుంచీ ఈ ఫొటో చర్చనీయాంశంగా ఉంది. అయితే ఇందులో నిజం లేదని ప్రముఖ గాయని చిన్మయి శ్రీపాద ఫేస్‌బుక్‌ వేదికగా తేల్చి చెప్పారు. సోషల్‌మీడియాలో చక్కర్లు కొడుతున్న ఫొటోను ఫేస్‌బుక్‌లో పోస్ట్‌ చేస్తూ.. ఆ మహిళ కుటుంబం తన కుటుంబానికి తెలుసని పేర్కొన్నారు.
‘నవ్వు తెప్పించే ఓ వార్తకు ఈ ఫొటోను జతచేయడం చూశాను. ఈ ఫొటోలోని దంపతులు మా కుటుంబానికి తెలుసు. వారు శాస్త్రీయ సంగీత కుటుంబానికి చెందిన వ్యక్తులు. చాలా రోజులుగా ఈ పుకారు ప్రచారంలో ఉంది. ఆఖరికి గూగుల్‌ ఇమేజ్‌ సెర్చ్‌లో వెతికినా ఇదే ఫలితం కనిపిస్తోంది. వందసార్లు చెబితే అబద్ధం నిజమవుతుందన్న సామెత గుర్తొస్తోంది. దయచేసి అర్థంలేని వార్తలను షేర్‌ చేయడం ఆపండి. ఆమె మృదంగ విద్వాన్‌ వి. బాలాజీ కుటుంబానికి చెందిన వారు. ఆయన కచేరీలతో బిజీగా లేనపుడు ‘హస్‌బాన్డ్‌’ అనే వెబ్‌సిరీస్‌లో పనిచేస్తారు’ అని చిన్మయి ఫేస్‌బుక్‌లో పోస్ట్‌ చేశారు.
అంతేకాకుండా సామాజిక మాధ్యమాలను వాడుకోవడం విషయంలో పౌరులకు ఓ చురక కూడా అంటించారు. వాట్సాప్‌లో ఇలాంటి సమాచారాన్ని షేర్‌ చేయడానికి ఉపయోగించే సమయంలో సగం సమయాన్ని మంచి పౌరులుగా తమ ధర్మం నెరవేర్చడానికి ఉపయోగిస్తే దేశం ఇంకెంత బాగుండేదో కదా అంటున్నారు చిన్మయి.



I received these photographs attached with ridiculous 'news'.
The couple in the photograph are known to my family and they belong to an illustrious family of classical musicians.
This rumour has been propagated long enough for even google image search to return with similar results.
Like they say, repeat a lie long enough and it becomes 'truth'.
Please, please stop sharing ridiculous 'news stories' created clearly as a figment of the imagination of an unstable mind.
She belongs to the family of renowned Mridangam Vidwan V Balaji. When he is not busy with concerts he is a part of the web series called 'Husbanned'.
If people were half as interested in investing the time sharing whatsapp forwards into being better citizens, our country would be wayy better.



 Clarification regarding my sister in law being portrayed as daughter of former Chief minister Selvi J.Jayalalitha which has been in circulation for a while in social media. The person in this picture is my sister in law and we know her since her childhood and this has been annoying us for a while. Thanks to good friends like Chinmayi Sriprada and others who have done their best to clarify this in public. I request my friends and well-wishers to share this as much as possible and hence help clarify. I would request and appreciate my friends and well-wishers to share this..ur sharing is much important here. Thanks a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment